Make the most of your investment in your PhD with expert coaching.
Dr John McAndrew is the director of PhD Coaching and has been helping PhD students as an academic, supervisor, examiner, coach and editor for over fifteen years.
Benefit from John’s experience with:
- Working with candidates for whom English is a second language
- English linguistics and academic skills
- Thesis planning
- Postgraduate teaching and advising
- Thesis editing and proofreading
- Academic publication
- Communicating with academics
John’s academic publications include books, chapters, journal articles and conference proceedings. He is a professional member of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd).
John holds a BSc Psychology (Hons), London University, Masters in Applied Linguistics (TESOL), Macquarie University, and a PhD in Applied Linguistics, Macquarie University.
Dr McAndrew has wide academic experience working with postgraduate students in Australian universities and internationally, including as:
- Postgraduate English and academic skills curriculum designer, Griffith University, Gold Coast.
- Postgraduate student learning advisor, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- PhD supervisor and examiner, tenured lecturer on the Master of Applied Linguistics (TESOL), and convenor of the Doctorate of Professional Communication, Dept. of Linguistics, Macquarie University, Sydney.
- Assoc. Professor, Dept. of English, Siebold University of Nagasaki, Japan.
- Lecturer, Dept. of English, Kangnam University, S. Korea.
“Great to chat with you today. The atmosphere is very friendly, and you easy-going and very nice. No matter what I ask you, you are always smiling to me. The solution that you gave me is the target of my problem. I like the metaphor of grouping the literature review in the way that a dinner party host can invite guests who are important and position them as he or she thinks.”
Hao Wang, PhD candidate, Griffith University, Australia