Dr John McAndrew is a PhD coach for candidates studying at Australian universities. Dr McAndrew has been helping postgraduate students as a PhD supervisor and examiner, learning advisor, tenured lecturer and academic editor for over 20 years.
You can make the most of your investment in your PhD and benefit from John’s skills and experience with:
- Working with candidates for whom English is a second language
- English linguistics and academic skills
- Discipline-specific academic English
- Thesis planning
- Thesis editing and proofreading
- Academic publication
- Communicating with academics
John holds a BSc Psychology (Hons), London University; Masters in Applied Linguistics (TESOL), Macquarie University; and a PhD in Applied Linguistics, Macquarie University.
John’s publications include books, chapters, journal articles and conference proceedings. As an academic editor he is a professional member of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd). See phdeditor.com.au for details of thesis editing services.
Benefit from John’s academic experience working with postgraduate students in Australian universities and internationally:
- Postgraduate English and academic skills curriculum designer, Griffith University, Gold Coast.
- Postgraduate student learning advisor, RMIT University, Melbourne.
- PhD supervisor and examiner, tenured lecturer on the Master of Applied Linguistics and TESOL, and convenor of the Doctorate of Professional Communication, Department of Linguistics, Macquarie University, Sydney.
- English language lecturer, Siebold University of Nagasaki, Japan.
- English language lecturer, Kangnam University, S. Korea.
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, for doing such a patient and good work supporting me through the writing of my thesis and journal articles. I could achieve some publications of journal articles and book chapters and the International Award winner in Global Studies during my PhD candidate period. I can truly recommend Dr. McAndrew.”
Universities worked with include: